Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Get a tasty and colourful recipe from the Baby Food Universe cookbook and raise adventurous little eaters with a whole world of flavorful purées and toddler foods
6 months or older – 4 to 6 meals
Have you ever heard of red cabbage in a purée? While it is not an obvious choice, it certainly adds a distinct flavor and a beautiful purple color that I am sure your little one will enjoy. If you want to raise an adventurous eater, be brave and try a few twists and turns along the way – and this turn is absolutely great. This makes another great topping for porridge.
2 sweet apples
1 cup (90 g) chopped red cabbage
1 teaspoon (5 g) fat of choice
Small amount breast milk or formula, for blending (optional)
1. Peel, core , and chop the apples.
2. Steam.Place the chopped red cabbage and apples into a steamer pot. Steam for about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Peel, slice, and add the banana. Strain the steamed red cabbage and apples into a bowl. Add the banana.
4. Blend it all. A food processor or blender works best here.
5. Cool and serve. Delicious!
Freeze for up to 3 months
For more flavorful recipes by the author of the Baby Food Universe cookbook go visit the website Kids Food Universe here
Baby Food Universe